Vision: Promoting the Greater Spokane Valley as an emerging leader in high-tech manufacturing.
Strategy: With a strong manufacturing base present in the Greater Spokane Valley, this initiative supports the expansion of high-tech manufacturing through advocacy and pioneering partnerships, contributing to a sustainable economic future.
Action Items & Description:
- Identify competitive advantages/disadvantages in the Valley and the Northwest Region
- Expand and cultivate B2B environment in the region
- Increase awareness and engagement in the Manufacturing Expo
- Advocate for infrastructure needs
- Exposure to workforce in the schools; create partnerships with schools and trade programs to provide certifications and expand the manufacturing workforce
Implementation Timeline: TBA
Current Co-Champions & Lead Partners:
- Kevin Person, Wagstaff, Inc.
- Shelly O’Quinn, Spokane County Commissioner
- Brenda Grassel, Precision Cutting Technologies
- Rick Pickel, Haskins Steel
- Ed Pace, Councilmember, City of Spokane Valley
Current Supporting Partners:
- City of Spokane Valley
- City of Liberty Lake
- Spokane County
BIG 5 for the Greater Spokane Valley
The BIG 5 is a community engagement effort, launched by the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce to identify and drive community-wide initiatives that stimulate community vitality and nurture economic prosperity for the Greater Spokane Valley region.