Vision: Integrating business & education to create the workforce of the future.
Strategy: The vitality of our community resides in the quality of our workforce. This initiative brings together industry and education to facilitate innovative learning opportunities and partnerships. This initiative aims to inspire a vibrant and educated workforce for the future and attract new businesses to the Greater Spokane Valley.
Action Items & Description:
- Revitalize access to experience
- Convene summits to discuss and resolve barriers to attracting a quality workforce
- Advocate for innovative K-12 system
- Creating a middle to med-school pipeline
- Attaining education excellence with enhanced partnerships through high school and beyond
Implementation Timeline: TBA
Current Co-Champions & Lead Partners:
- Dr. Gene Sementi, Superintendent, West Valley School District
- Sue Shields, West Valley School District
- MJ Bolt, Director, Washington Board of Education
- Erik Puthoff, STCU
- Chuck Hafner, Councilmember, City of Spokane Valley
Current Supporting Partners:
- City of Spokane Valley
- City of Liberty Lake
- Spokane County
- Spokane Valley Tech
- Central Valley School District
- West Valley School District
- East Valley School District
Want to get involved?
BIG 5 for the Greater Spokane Valley
The BIG 5 is a community engagement effort, launched by the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce to identify and drive community-wide initiatives that stimulate community vitality and nurture economic prosperity for the Greater Spokane Valley region.