Vision: Growing medical research from concept to cure.
Strategy: By focusing on the expertise of medical providers, local medical schools and available suitable property in the Greater Spokane Valley, this initiative propels the advancement of medical research and care in our region.
Action Items & Description:
- Advocate and promote a medical district in the Greater Spokane Valley
- Develop a comprehensive medical services assessment
- Identify research partnerships to promote research located in the Greater Spokane Valley
- Support exposure to workforce in the schools; create partnerships with secondary schools and community colleges to provide certifications for entry-level positions in the medical field
Implementation Timeline: TBA
Current Co-Champions & Lead Partners:
- Greg Repetti, CEO, Valley Hospital
- Dr. Kelli Pearson, Pearson & Weary
- Rod Higgins, Mayor, City of Spokane Valley
- Councilmember Linda Thompson, City of Spokane Valley
Current Supporting Partners:
- City of Spokane Valley
- City of Liberty Lake
- Spokane County
- Valley Hospital
- Providence Health Care
- Pearson & Weary Pain Relief Clinic
The BIG 5 is a community engagement effort, launched by the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce to identify and drive community-wide initiatives that stimulate community vitality and nurture economic prosperity for the Greater Spokane Valley region.