Notice from Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency:
The public can review and comment on the Spokane County Second 10-Year Limited Maintenance Plan for Carbon Monoxide (CO) plan now through April 11, 2016. Citizens may also request a hearing. Hearing requests must be received no later than March 31, 2016.
Why did Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency develop the Second, 10-Year Limited Maintenance Plan for CO?
- Many years ago, our area was violating federal, health-based standards for CO. In 1988, EPA designated our area non-attainment. In 1995, EPA reclassified the Spokane-area to serious non-attainment.
- Being in non-attainment set forth the process of developing an attainment plan to clean up our air.
- In 2005, EPA designated our area to maintenance and we are required to develop two, 10-year maintenance plans to show how we would stay in attainment. The first plan covered 2005-2015; the second plan is for 2015-2025.
- No new rules, requirements, or changes to existing state or local rules are proposed in this draft plan.
- This draft plan is the final maintenance plan required for Spokane. The area’s CO levels are expected to remain well below the federal, health-based standard.
Thank you for your time and your interest in air quality. Please follow the plan link above to learn more about the plan and comment period. If you have questions, please contact:
Rule Writer / Air Quality Planner
Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency
3104 E. Augusta Ave.
Spokane, WA 99207