Vision: Promoting and protecting the vitality of the outdoors.
Strategy: Through collaboration with business, government entities, and citizen groups, this initiative encourages opportunities to enhance the quality of recreation, nature and parks, while stimulating economic growth.
Action Items & Description:
- Valley Outdoor Sportsplex
- Shared Vision for Parks & Recreational Assets
- Promote & Protect the Spokane River
- Connected Community through our Trails
Implementation Timeline: TBA
Current Co-Champions & Lead Partners:
- Denny York, CEO, Fairmont Memorial Association
- Todd Kiesbuy, Regional Development Manager, Avista Utilities
- Sam Wood, Councilmember, City of Spokane Valley
- Ben Wick, Councilmember, City of Spokane Valley
Current Supporting Partners:
- City of Spokane Valley
- City of Liberty Lake
- Spokane County
- Spokane Sports Commission
The BIG 5 is a community engagement effort, launched by the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce to identify and drive community-wide initiatives that stimulate community vitality and nurture economic prosperity for the Greater Spokane Valley region.