NxLeveL® Entrepreneurs Course
On March 3rd, 2008 the Chamber Business Center became a site for the NxLeveL® Entrepreneur Training program. This is a 13 week program offered in the evening for adults who have started a business or are thinking about opening a business. The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber offers the program under the auspices of Washington State University’s Small Business Development Center. It is an intensive 36 hour program where participants complete the program with a Business Plan tailored to their unique needs.
The program is facilitated by trained Chamber staff and volunteers and offers guest speaker opportunities. Tuition per participant is $495.00, which includes all books and resource materials. Sponsors for refreshments are welcomed. The Chamber Foundation seeks to create scholarship opportunities for low income applicants. A special NxLeveL® entrepreneur program for high school students is a future possibility.
Are you a military veteran interested in starting your own business?
NxLeveL® Entrepreneurs Course
Session Content and Schedule
1. Introduction, overview, entrepreneurship, & business ethics
2. Planning & research: Entrepreneurial essentials
3. Organizations matter: Management & legal structure
4. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
5. Marketing—"behind the scenes": analysis & understanding
6. Marketing—"on stage": strategies, tactics & implementation
7. Advanced Marketing: Intellectual property; Social networking; Sales
8. Financial overview: Books, records & controls
9. Financial planning, budgets & assumptions
10. Developing and using cash flow projections; understanding & using financial statements
11. Financing your business: Alternative sources of money
12. Green business opportunities: Environmental Solutions; Plus: Time management
13. Your business future: Negotiating, managing growth, and plan completion
$495 for the first person from your business, includes comprehensive reference book, class handouts, refreshments, etc.
$150 for second person from same business (only one set of books). Special pricing for three or more from the same business.
Class Dates: TBA
A key factor in the success of our program has been the expertise and availability of our volunteer NxLeveL® Instructor / Facilitators. We try to have two (lead and backup) instructor / facilitators for each NxLeveL® Course session – this allows maximum exposure of experience and ideas for the class, while widely distributing the time necessary for planning and running the classes – i.e., the responsibility doesn’t just fall onto one individual for any particular session.
There are two forms for applying – a registration form, and an application form. Please note that the training tuition cost is normally $395.00 per person. However, for Chamber participants, we ask only that you reimburse the Chamber for the cost of the books (Participant Guides, Instructor Guides) – approximately $200.00.
If you think you are qualified, and would like to have an opportunity to give back to the small business community, please fill out the two forms and submit them (fax or bring by the Chamber Office). Please contact me if you have any questions – I’ll be happy to set up a meeting to go over everything in more detail.
The Chamber’s Role in Economic Development
Eldonna Shaw, our Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce President & CEO was interviewed by Comcast Newsmakers about economic development in the area.