Where I’m from?
I was born and raised in Yakima, WA. My Dad owned grocery stores so got to work from age 10 through high school (learned work ethic and the grocery business from my father).
Eastern Washington College-Cheney where I majored in Business and Advertising-Belonged to Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity (Pledge Master) and worked for Safeway.
- Yoke’s Food Stores-Deer Park-Produce Manager.
- Low Cost Foods-Night stocker.
- SCC-taught Food Marketing and Checker Training.
- Roundup Grocery (a division of Fred Meyer)-sales, advertising manager, sales manager Food Service Division-5 years (learned I didn’t want to travel 5 days a week).
- Alvin J. Wolff/Tomlinson Commercial Real Estate-5 years (learned from Fritz and Jamie Wolff how to help clients buy and sell Commercial Real Estate) Top producer 3 of 5 years.
- Tidyman’s Food Stores-8 years as Real Estate specialist, Advertising/special projects manager, Store Manager, Produce Supervisor (Learned customer Service, employee Ownership, multi-store operation).
- Yoke’s Food Stores-20 years as Store Manager/Real Estate Specialist/VP of operations-then SVP of Store Development/Advertising/Marketing/Branding Manager/Helped convert the company from Yoke’s Pac N’ Save to Yoke’s Fresh Markets-designed and built 5 new stores and remodeled 8 existing stores/taught the “WOW Factor”( learned how to help build a collaborative culture, how to help turn a failing company into a profitable one).
- Fairmount Holdings, Inc, 6 years-a division of Fairmount Memorial Association-CEO/President, a 7 Cemetery/Heritage Funeral Home and 3 Northwest Cremation store-front company in the Spokane Area. Helped turn around a company that lost $2.5 million the year before I got there and helped teach them how to be profitable thereafter and grow sales by double digit every year and the 3 C’s (Customers/Colleagues/Community, “Listen to Comprehend-not Reply (learned that the service we provided was essential in our community and to our families).
- Owner DDY Consulting/Coaching-2 years.
- Coldwell Banker Tomlinson-Commercial Property Specialist in the greater Spokane Area. I’ve now been handling
Real Estate transaction for 42 years-I’m experienced, dedicated, hardworking, honest with high integrity.
Board of Directors:
- SCC Business School-2 years.
- Ronald McDonald House-while the house was being built-3 years.
- Yoke’s Food Stores-19 years.
- Fairmount Memorial Association-6 years.
- Greater Spokane Valley Chamber-6 years-was Chairman in 2015 and received the Lifetime Leadership Award in 2018. I still serve on the Chamber Foundation Board.
A little about me?
My hobbies are travel, the ocean and palm trees, a 1932 Ford 3-window Hi Boy Coupe. I have a daughter that owns Dance Studios in the Boise area, a son in heaven and two grandchildren. My life partner, Debbie, is the love of my life and helps keep me grounded and on my toes. Commercial Real Estate has been the constant thread throughout my careers, and I look forward to serving you!