Business Development Manager
General Description: The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a critical management position on the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce team. The BDM is responsible for all functions of the membership department including the recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and the management of the Membership & Ambassador committees.
Employee Status: The BDM reports to the President & CEO, and is an exempt, full-time position. As a full-time employee the BDM is eligible to receive all of the Chamber’s benefits.
• Management of membership budget, development and execution
• Achieve membership goals and grow the overall chamber membership
• Prospect, qualify leads, and conduct sales presentations resulting in new members
• Oversight and management of all membership programs within the chamber including but not limited to: Chamber Ambassadors, Ribbon Cuttings, New Member Orientation
• Expert knowledge of the chamber’s database and computer systems and all member benefits and sales strategies
• Conduct regular membership retention calls
• Represent the chamber at community events, functions, and meetings
• Serve as Staff liaison to the Membership Committee and Ambassador Committee
• Prepare weekly/monthly membership reports
• Staff chamber events and programs as appropriate
• Improve new member involvement and engagement in chamber activities
• All other duties as may be required
Membership Development: It is the responsibility of the BDM to grow membership revenue and increase total membership of the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce. The BDM in partnership with their direct reports and other staff will need to develop and implement a member recruitment and retention strategy that can be utilized across the organization to grow total membership. The BDM will also be responsible for a minimum of new member sales per month as outlined.
Retention: It will be the responsibility of the BDM to work with the membership team to ensure accurate implementation of the retention program and track results. Additionally, the BDM will be the staff liaison to the Membership Committee and work with volunteers wherever appropriate to achieve the retention goals of the organization.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree or an Associates with a minimum of two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College coursework in business, communications, sales, marketing or related field is a plus.
• 2 years’ experience in a selling role, with demonstrated sales results. Prefer individuals with experience in not-for-profit membership driven organizations; some travel required.
• Customer Service & Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to membership base, building relationships and a referral network within the County.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Marketing – Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills with demonstrated skills in the design and execution of marketing and communication activities.
• Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction. Able to plan, schedule, and organize professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a high pressure environment.
• Sales Results – proven ability to achieve a high level of success signing on new members/investors and retaining current members, meet and exceed membership/investor targets, develop new members/investors and manage relationships with key members/investors.
• Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Business Development Manager Job Description>